Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Eric Ries - Lean Startup Dublin
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 from 6:15 PM to 8:00 PM (GMT)
Eric Ries will be launching 'The Lean Startup meetup group' Dublin on January 10. "Lean startup" is a term coined by Eric Ries, his method advocates the creation of rapid prototypes designed to test market assumptions, and uses customer feedback to evolve them much faster than via more traditional product development practices.
Lean startup is sometimes described as Lean Thinking applied to the entrepreneurial process. A central tenet of Lean Thinking is to reduce waste. Lean startup processes reduce waste by increasing the frequency of contact with real customers, therefore testing and avoiding incorrect market assumptions as early as possible. This approach attempts to improve on historical entrepreneurial tactics by reducing the work required to assess assumptions about the market, and to decrease the time it takes a business to find market traction. This is referred to as Minimum Viable Product.
About Eric Ries – He is the creator of the Lean Startup Methodology and the author of the popular entrepreneurship blog Startup Lessons Learned. He previously co-founded and served as Chief Technology Officer of IVU. In 2007, BusinessWeek named Ries one of the Best Young Entrepreneurs of Tech and in 2009 he was honored with a TechFelloe award in the category of Engineering Leadership. He serves on the advisory board of a number of technology startups, and has worked as a consultant to a number of startups, companies, and venture capital firms. In 2010, he became an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Harvard Business School.
Demand is very high. It will be a full house on Tuesday. Do turn up on time.
We are delighted to be working with Eric and his team to share some ideas and discussions about lean with some of Ireland's best entrepreneurs.
- Registration: 18:15
- Keynote Talk: 18:45 followed by Q&A.
- Networking: 20:00 onwards
Attendance is limited. Register at http://thousandseeds3.eventbrite.com
Eric is changing the world of entrepreneurs forever.
Don’t take our word for it...
Reviews of The Lean Startup
- "Eric created a science where previously there was only art. A must read for every serious entrepreneur—and every manager interested in innovation."Marc Andreessen, co-founder of Andreessen Horowitz, Opsware Inc. and Netscape
- “Ries shows us how to cut through the fog of uncertainty that surrounds startups. His approach is rigorous; his prescriptions are practical and proven in the field.The Lean Startup will change the way we think about entrepreneurship. As startup success rates improve, it could do more to boost global economic growth than any management book written in years.” Tom Eisenmann, Professor of Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School
- "The Lean Startup isn't just about how to create a more successful entrepreneurial business, it's about what we can learn from those businesses to improve virtually everything we do. I imagine Lean Startup principles applied to government programs, to healthcare, and to solving the world's great problems. It's ultimately an answer to the question 'How can we learn more quickly what works, and discard what doesn't?'’ Tim O'Reilly, CEO O'Reilly Media
- “Eric Ries unravels the mysteries of entrepreneurship and reveals that magic and genius are not the necessary ingredients for success but instead proposes a scientific process that can be learnt and replicated. Whether you are a startup entrepreneur or corporate entrepreneur there are important lessons here for you on your quest toward the new and unknown.” Tim Brown, CEO of IDEO
- “The roadmap for innovation for the 21st century. The ideas in The Lean Startup will help create the next industrial revolution.” Steve Blank, lecturer, Stanford University, U.C. Berkeley Haas Business School
- "The key lesson of this book is that start-ups happen in the present—that messy place between the past and the future where nothing happens according to PowerPoint. Ries's ‘read and react’ approach to this sport, his relentless focus on validated learning, the never-ending anxiety of hovering between ‘persevere’ and ‘pivot’, all bear witness to his appreciation for the dynamics of entrepreneurship." Geoffrey Moore, Crossing the Chasm
- “The Lean Startup is a foundational must-read for founders, enabling them to reduce product failures by bringing structure and science to what is usually informal and an art. It provides actionable ways to avoid product-learning mistakes, rigorously evaluate early signals from the market through validated learning, and decide whether to persevere or to pivot, all challenges that heighten the chance of entrepreneurial failure.” Professor Noam Wasserman, Harvard Business School
- “Every founding team should stop for 48 hours and read Lean Startup. Seriously stop and read this book now.” Scott Case, CEO Startup America
When & Where
ThousandSeeds facilitates entrepreneurs to take their ideas and turn them into successful businesses and organisations. We stimulate entrepreneurship, business growth and learning through our programmes, workshops and online communities.